A lot of people in the New Age/Spiritual community have been talking about this time we’re living in now as one of great shifts and changes, of raising of energy, and ascension, and big amazing things happening. They say many spirits are choosing to reincarnate on earth now, so they can all be a part of the party.
Frankly, despite the work I do, I’m a healthy skeptic – I won’t drink the Kool-Aid – so for a long time I wondered about whether or not energies really are shifting and things are changing. Are we all really transitioning to a higher level of being, or is that just a bunch of New Age hooey?
And then, it hit me.
I realized that in every past life reading I’ve done, I really HAVE received the message that now is a great time to be alive. And for the most basic, simple reasons:
1. You can travel now more easily than you’ve ever been able to in a past life. Cars, motorcycles, planes, trains, boats, and more offer a kind of freedom humans haven’t had in past thousands of centuries. For aeons, most people never dreamed of seeing another country. Now, it’s rare for someone not to have traveled. With this increase in travel comes an eye-opening awareness of what the world is really like, and an opportunity to experience the richness and beauty of other cultures first-hand. This cross-cultural awareness opens pathways to enlightenment, understanding, and, ultimately, spiritual growth.
2. Women are (for the most part) finally considered equal to men for the first time in history. NOW is one of the best times ever to be a woman. Enough said.
3. Most of us have access to arts and entertainment like never before. I mean we can walk around and listen to music piped into our ears. We don’t even need ghetto-blasters anymore! But think about it; never before in time have humans had such easy access to music, art, tv, film, etc.
4. With the internet, you now have access to any kind of information you want. All you have to do is ask, and the answer is pretty much right there for you to find.
5. 100 years ago, small pox, polio, cancer and a host of other diseases and viruses, even the common flu, severely debilitated or killed people by the millions. 20 years ago, AIDS was a death sentence. Now, thanks to modern pharmaceuticals, many of those diseases and viruses have been wiped off the face of the earth. Countless cancer victims beat the disease and go on to lead healthy, happy, productive lives. HIV is 100% treatable. We still have a long way to go, but in the grand scheme of things, scientific progress really is triumphing over disease and illness.
6. With cell phones and texts, we are now able to communicate instantaneously, instead of waiting for weeks and months to hear of news from elsewhere. In essence, text messaging is like telepathy. How awesome is that?
7. More and more people are open to energy work, the notion of intuition and the idea that we are all psychic. People are realizing that there is more to life than meets the eye, although there is a LOT of room for growth, collectively speaking. Let’s put it this way: they’re not burning witches at the stake anymore.
8. Thanks largely to the internet, the ease of international travel and low cost, widespread communication platforms, soul mates from opposite sides of the world find each other and unite. These countless and increasingly frequent connections continue to break down national, cultural, and religious barriers. People always ask me, “Where is my soul mate? When will I meet him (or her)?” Well, thanks to the fact that you’ve reincarnated here and now, you have an option to blissfully find more than one soul mate – maybe even 3, or 5, or 10!
9. Now, more than ever before, you have more opportunity to be and do whatever you want. Nerds are cool, and run technology companies that shape life as we know it. Hillary Clinton nearly became the first female President of the United States. Barak Obama became the first black President of the United States (twice in a row!). Danika Patrick was a Formula One race car driver, and is now a NASCAR race car driver. Anyone can design a simple smartphone app and become a millionaire. And these are just a few examples right off the top of my head. Visualize who you want to be, and make it happen.
This is just a simple list of reasons why you might have chosen to reincarnate at this particular time in history. If you have additional thoughts/ideas, please leave a comment below – I just re-opened the comment section up on all posts and I want to hear from you!